POLARIS SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
Polaris is guided by its core values of integrity, quality, innovation and commitment as it delivers Operational Excellence
Polaris’ commitment to integrity and corporate stewardship extends to its diverse and worldwide supply base. To ensure that suppliers conduct business with a high degree of integrity and in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, all of Polaris’ suppliers are expected to adhere to this Supplier Code of Conduct ("Code").
Suppliers are expected to do what is necessary to comply with this Code without delay. Suppliers are expected to be familiar with the business practices of their suppliers and subcontractors and ensure they operate within the guidelines of this Code. Failure to comply with this Code may result in discontinuance of business relationships.
(Click each key expectation to see more)
- Gifts, Favors, Gratuities and Vendor Relations
- Polaris wants to avoid even the appearance of making business decisions based on improper factors. In accordance with this policy, employees may not accept gifts, gratuities, entertainment, or any other favors from anyone who is doing business with Polaris or who wishes to do business with Polaris. In unique or special circumstances, a favor or gift may be accepted if they are infrequent, of nominal value and are normal and customary given the business circumstance. Employees may never accept cash or a loan. Polaris requests that suppliers respect this policy.
- Improper Payments
- Polaris conducts business with high integrity and within the bounds of the law. Bribery and kickbacks are illegal and subject to criminal penalties in many countries, including the United States. Bribes, kickbacks and similar payments to government officials, Polaris employees or agents acting on Polaris’ behalf are strictly prohibited. This prohibition also applies in areas where such activity may not violate local law.
- Child Labor
- Polaris will not engage in or support the use of child labor. Suppliers are expected to comply with applicable local child labor laws and employ only workers who meet the applicable minimum legal age requirement for their location. In the absence of local law, suppliers shall not employ children under the age of 14. Polaris has a no tolerance policy for child labor, and will immediately terminate business activities with a supplier not following this requirement.
- Forced Labor
- Polaris will not engage in or support the use of forced or involuntary labor. Polaris will not purchase material or services from a supplier utilizing forced or involuntary labor. Polaris has a no tolerance policy for forced labor, and will immediately terminate business activities with a supplier not following this requirement.
- US Department of Labor Compliance
- Compensation and Working Hours
- Polaris pays employees a competitive wage. Suppliers are expected to comply with all applicable wage and hour labor laws and regulations governing employee compensation and working hours.
- Polaris supports diversity and equal opportunity in employment. Unlawful discrimination in the workplace is not tolerated. Suppliers are expected to comply with all applicable local laws concerning discrimination in hiring and employment practices.
- Polaris respects the environment and conducts its operations in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Suppliers are expected to conduct their operations in a way that respects and protects the environment. Suppliers are expected to comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations in the countries in which they operate. Conflict Minerals Policy
- Health and Safety
- Polaris is committed to the safety and health of its employees and conducts its operations in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Suppliers are expected to provide a safe working environment that supports accident prevention and minimizes exposure to health risks. Supplies are expected to comply with all applicable safety and health laws and regulations in the countries in which they operate.
- Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
- Polaris Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As a federal contractor, we must ensure that the vendors/suppliers who provide products/services for us to make our products are aware of our Affirmative Action obligation. Any vendor/supplier that provides us with products/services, has 50 more more employees, and does $50,000 or more of business with us, is required to develop an Affirmative Action Plan.
- Confidential Information and Intellectual Property Rights
- Polaris is dedicated to complying with applicable laws concerning proprietary, confidential and personal information. Suppliers are expected to comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing the protection, use and disclosure of Polaris proprietary, confidential and personal information. Similarly, Suppliers are expected to respect the confidentiality rights and intellectual property rights of third-parties by refraining from improperly disclosing the confidential information of those third-parties and from infringing on the intellectual property rights of third-parties.